January 2017 Newsletter
Hello Alumni and Friends,
I hope you all are having a great 2017 so far! A few updates as well as opportunities to share. We are moving closer to having a new website for the alumni. The current club president has been working to create one for the on-campus club and we are seeing if we can integrate an alumni section into it. You can find it here: untrealestateclub.org
I've also attached Baen's 5-year forecast from his speech he gives every year for you all to have a look at.
The first opportunity is a multi-family position and details with contact information are as follows:
This is an entry-level position - great for a professional seeking an access point to a sales career in the technology industry.
The Sales Development Representative will work with a group of seasoned software sales and marketing professionals to generate sales leads for Propertyware. The SDR will schedule appointments for the sales team, qualify and validate leads from our CRM (Salesforce.com) and upload new client information. The ideal candidate is competitive, energetic, passionate and customer focused. Successful Sales Development Representatives will be considered for advancement to higher-level sales positions within the department.
RealPage offers a fun, progressive, run-fast work environment, competitive compensation, excellent benefits and the opportunity work for an industry leader.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prospecting and qualifying leads for the sales team.
• Enthusiastically make outbound calls when necessary and represent the company in a highly professional manner.
• Successfully and accurately answer prospect questions and provide appropriate additional information to sales team to start or continue sales cycle.
• Capturing accurate and legible documentation on all call activity in Salesforce is required.
• Consistently maintain departmental standards for quality.
• Achieving defined productivity goals.
• Responsible to meet all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible to follow weekly schedules and schedule changes based on call volume.
• College Degree or 1 year equivalent work experience in Customer Service, Sales or Direct Marketing
• Strong phone etiquette
• Ability to learn, listen and solve problems effectively
• Demonstrated strengths in verbal and written communication skills including appropriate grammar and punctuation.
• Ability to communicate empathy and confidence in out-bound contact center environments.
• Persistent in ensuring issues are resolved accurate, effectively and timely.
• Ability to clearly and effectively maintain and update online documentation.
• Ability to follow precise direction consistently without continuous supervision.
• Detail-oriented and flexible.
• Ability to capture detailed information into the CRM (Salesforce.com).
• Bilingual skills a plus.
2201 Lakeside Boulevard Richardson, TX 75082
Next, one of out alumni who works for Tarrant County asked that I forward the following potential opportunities on: As of today (Jan 17, 2017) there are job postings on both the Tarrant Appraisal District and Dallas Appraisal district website. Job postings usually only appear for one week. Regardless of whether you see a job posting or not - you must submit a hard copy job application. You should be able to find the application on the website. However, if you do not see an active posting- when jobs are posted, HR will keep your application active for 6 months. When I submitted my application to Tarrant Appraisal District there was NOT any job postings online - however, several positions opened up soon. (I am not 100% familiar with how Denton Appraisal District does job hiring, I am only familiar that Tarrant and Dallas seem to do their training jointly).
Good luck potential job seekers.
-Bridget Snyder - Tarrant Appraisal District.
I believe that's all for now. I hope you all have a great year!
UNT Real Estate Alumni Association President